Sunday, January 22, 2012

Uncle Don - Day Eighteen - January 18, 2012

Today was an extremely sad/happy day in my family. We were extremely sad because my Uncle Don was laid to rest; however, we rejoiced in that he is no longer in pain (Uncle Don had a heart transplant approximately 2 years ago and had been struggling off and on since then) and in Heaven with his brothers Jack & Morris, his nephew Steve and his parents singing "Shall We Gather at the River" - one of my favorites and playing softball once again. As I was going through my photos, I came across this one of Uncle Don and his beautiful family, Aunt Margaret, his daughters Kelly, Amy & Christie and his grand-babies. Uncle Don is a true man of God and is going to be missed so very much.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite pictures as well. He truly is missed but you are right...he is now in Heaven rejoicing.

    ReplyDelete