Sunday, January 22, 2012

Morning in the clouds - Day Twenty - January 20, 2012

A few months back, Jim and I took Patrick on a trip that started in Natural Bridge, Virginia and ended in Chimney Rock, NC.  We drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway and even though I grew up off the Blue Ridge near Mt. Mitchell, never knew there was so much to see on this beautiful part of the mountains.  As we were going down the parkway, Patrick yelped and said, "look".  I turned my head real quick and saw an amazing sight.  Jim, of course, stopped at the over-pass and we got out for the photo opportunity we had.  I was so surprised to see how the clouds completely took over the towns & mountains below us.  It was so amazing and Jim said this is worth our whole trip and this was only the second day :)

1 comment:

  1. you feel like you could just walk right out into the clouds....beautiful

    ReplyDelete