Monday, February 20, 2012

Celebrating President's Day - Day Fifty-one - February 20, 2012

Today is President's Day here in the United States and since I have a huge fascination with the history of our country thought I would post a collage of Jim and I took the kids to DC back in 2010 to honor a few of the most respected presidents in past years (I know the Capitol isn't representing a specific president, but like the photo).  Even though we're not going to be able to go to DC this summer like we had hope (having to wait until Christmas 2012 so my friend and her daughter can go with us), we are excited about going to Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown and Roanoke (The Lost Colony) to learn more about the discovery of our country - luckily, our 12 year old is as big of a history nut than I am :).

Happy President's Day and I hope you enjoy the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment