Sunday, May 6, 2012

Poor little boy - Day One hundred fourteen - April 23, 2012


- correction to the photo - it should say Day One hundred fourteen -
Well, today has been a challenging one :) It started off with me having a stomach bug and as I was getting ready to start working a little, got a phone call from the school nurse saying that Patrick had fallen while participating in a running exercise at school and appears that he may have broken his wrist.  Well, of course, I was a little worried because none of the children have broken anything before and wasn't sure what to expect.  We went to urgent care and sure enough, Patrick fractured his radius (from the x-ray, it broke straight through).  Patrick took the pain like a big fellow; but as we were in the room, I looked at him and said, he is still my little boy and it was eating at me watching him hurt.  We go see the orthopedic doctor in the morning so they can put a cast on since they don't do that in the hospital any longer.  He was so tired when he came home, he took a 2 hour nap.  Please pray for a quick recovery and that there won't be much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment